02 March, 2011

Run With Me


I took up running at the beginning of the school year, and I have fallen in love! I love to run, be outside, even when it is chilly I enjoy a good solid run. It has become my goal to run a half marathon, so, I started looking for one. I found a really good one, highly recommended by people I know who have run it. The only downside? It isn't until September! I was ready to go now! So I kept looking, and I have found the perfect race. It is perfect for me on so many levels.


First - it is close by to where I live
Second - the proceeds go to a worthy cause
Third - it is a run put on by my relative


I will be running the Legacy Half Marathon. I want to invite you to - Run With Me. On May 28, 2011, I will be running in memory of my Aunt who lost her battle with Breast Cancer. I have been challenged by my younger brother to have a finish time of 2 hours 30 minutes or less, if I succeed he will donate $25 to cancer research. If you cannot run with me, can I encourage you to make a donation? I hope you do.


* I have a 12 week half marathon training schedule that starts next Monday, March 7. Leave a comment below with your email address, and I will send you a copy.
* Half Marathon website - Legacy Half Marathon 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment