01 March, 2010

Monday's Muffin

This week’s Muffin is: Blueberry Lemon. I again started with the basic muffin recipe and added my own touches to it. I generally don’t use whole wheat flour when I bake, but I am starting to introduce it slowly. One of the reasons we came up with the muffin idea was to have a healthier option for lunch. Over time I will be experimenting with larger portions of whole wheat flour, and I would like to try other flour varieties too. At the suggestion of someone, I am including the recipe for our Monday Muffin this week.


Ingredients:

1 ¾ cup – unbleached all purpose flour

¾ cup – whole wheat flour

2/3 cup – Sugar

4 tsp - baking powder

½ tsp – salt

2 beaten eggs

1 ½ cups - milk

½ cup – cooking oil (I use a canola olive oil blend)

2 cups - frozen blueberries

1 lemon, which I grated off the rind

Directions:

*Mix all dry ingredients on one bowl, include the lemon rind.

*Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl, except the berries.

*Add the wet to the dry all at once and mix about 10 times, add the blueberries and continue to mix until just combined.

*I use a cooking spray to grease my muffin tins, but you could line them with baking cups.

*This will make 24 muffins. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, I have an old stove so this works for mine, keep an eye on the muffins during the last 5 minutes of cooking time, the tops will not brown, so use a toothpick to check the centers




No comments:

Post a Comment