16 March, 2010

Mondays' Muffin

So, I am posting this on a Tuesday, because Monday kind of got away from me. Spring has (mostly) come to our corner of the world, and there is mush for a bear to do. Rest assured we did come up with a muffin for this week, even though I've yet to make it to a grocery store, Monday's Muffin is: Oatmeal Raisin.

Ingredients:
2 2/3 cups - unbleached white flour (I forgot to substitute any whole wheat flour in this week)
1 1/2 cups - Oatmeal (I used quick oats, the ones that take about 3 minutes to cook if you were to cook them in a pot.)
2/3 cup - sugar (One of these days I am going to figure out how to substitute this with honey)
2 tsp - baking powder
1/2 tsp - salt
2 beaten eggs
2 cups - milk (The original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups, but I found the muffins were too dry, so I increased the milk)
1/2 cup - cooking oil (I use canola oil)
1 cup raisins

Directions:
*Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, include the raisins
*Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
*Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
*Stir just until moistened
*Grease muffin tins, Bake ate 350 for 15 minutes
*This will make 24 muffins

Stay tuned for next weeks muffin, which will be made after I (finally) get to a grocery store!


No comments:

Post a Comment