12 April, 2010

Monday's Muffin

We are back, and well rested from our spring break. It was nice to have Little Bear home for a week, and not have to get her out of bed at 6am. This week, we added some fresh fruit to our recipe, it easier to get now that spring is here, and we have a fridge full! So this week I give you Strawberry Oatmeal muffins.




Ingredients:
1 2/3 cups - unbleached white flour
1 cup - whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups - Oatmeal (I used quick oats, the ones that take about 3 minutes to cook if you were to cook them in a pot.)
2/3 cup - sugar
4 tsp - baking powder
1/2 tsp - salt
2 beaten eggs
2 cups - milk (The original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups, but I found the muffins were too dry, so I increased the milk)
1/2 cup - cooking oil (I use canola oil)
Approx. 2 cups diced fresh strawberries



Directions:
*Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl,
*Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
*Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
*Stir about 10 times, then add fruit
*Continue to stir until moistened
*Grease muffin tins, Bake ate 350 for 15 minutes
*This will make 24 muffins


1 comment:

  1. Those sound delish. And if I could eat gluten, I'd make some just because you convinced me.

    I like the patchwork background.

    ReplyDelete