11 May, 2010

Oops! I Did it Again!

I rearranged! Again! I think I have a wee problem! This time it was the kitchen cupboards. Forst off, they were ugly, really ugly. I have a hard time living with things that have not been updated since the early 80's. Doing what I could with what I had is something that I am trying to do more of. Spending less money and being more of an "upcycler". (Did I just invent a new word?) Dark cabinets, and a narrow room made for a dark workspace, even after I painted the walls yellow. Anyway, I totally stole this idea from a friend of mine, who by the way has the best kitchen ever! While building her house, she chose to have the upper cabinets made with no doors, and I loved the way it looked. She also has light upper cabinets and dark lower cabinets, which looks really nice too, but I digress. Taking her idea and trying to make it work in my kitchen, It doesn't look near as good, but It looks WAY better. 


Right after taking off the doors, a huge improvement already, and now you can all see that I am not as organized as everyone thinks.






It took me literally all day, but this is what the cupboards look like now. The plan is to paint the entire upper cabinet in white, or slightly off white in a semi gloss paint. Maybe. Still deciding, but I will be painting them.







No comments:

Post a Comment