31 March, 2011

Old


I remember this old, old sewing machine. It is attached to this old cabinet. I suspect the sewing machine part is antique or nearly so. I remember my Mom using this once or twice, but it has most recently sat, unused in my basement for years. I don't remember how I came to be in possession of this old beauty, but I'm sure glad I did. 


As I said, this has sat untouched in various places in various houses I've lived in for years. Most recently it held our cereal dispenser in the kitchen. Now? The time has come! To display this in all it's glory! I now have a place to put it where I can see it everyday. I just need to figure out if it actually works where I want to put it. Tell me, what do you think? My plan is to sand off the rough edges, and give the cabinet a few coats of a yummy paint colour, though I'm not telling yet what colour yet. I intend to polish the sewing machine as well. Keep in mind the red bookshelf is being replaced with a dark black/brown one.

This is how I currently have decorated

This is where I would like to put this sewing machine.
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. looks great in the corner! ANd I am pretty partial to the red bookshelf- WOW! It is cute, but I do see why you would choose a darker one. Hope things are going well for you!!

    ReplyDelete