02 December, 2010

Day 2

We had another wonderful discussion this morning, it was extra special because Papa Bear was able to be with us. Normally when he is home he has to leave by 6:30am to make it to school on time. He was home with us last night to attend our Ward's live Nativity & Creche display. We had a wonderful time admiring all of the different Nativity scenes that were displayed, I wish I would have taken my camera and taken a few pictures, there were some really amazing ones there. Anyway, back to our advent. Little Bear pulled out 2 pictures today, one of which didn't have a scripture on it (I had extras). The other had todays Name of Christ which is - Mediator. The scripture for this morning is found in 1Timothy 2:5. We now have 3 lovely pictures on our tree, when we get a few more I will post a picture.

I had a bit of a tough time trying to explain what a "mediator" was in terms an 8 year old could understand, but I think we eventually got there. I looked up some synonyms for the word and I found a few that really helped make it clearer. Interceder. Peacemaker. Referee. One that didn't quite fit in my opinion was, rent-a-judge, made me laugh!

Today we are grateful for warm Chinook winds that have helped clear the roads so that Papa Bear could be at home with us. We are grateful for Jesus Christ, and for the wonderful program our Ward put on last night.

We hope your feeling the spirit of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment